Re: [directory-discuss] Please add XUL under Edit - Categories - UI Tool

From: Svetlana A. Tkachenko
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Please add XUL under Edit - Categories - UI Toolkit
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 13:06:33 +1000

There are two lists which overlap somewhat.

> Interface:    command-line console daemon e-mail library web x-window-system
> accessibility desktop-enhancement file-manager frontend gnome-app kde-app
> text window-manager
> UI Toolkit:   athena fltk glut gnustep gtk motif ncurses qt sdl tk wxwidgets
> xlib xul

I believe the second one is for programming stuff ('what technology was used?')
while the first one is desktop-ish stuff ('what environment does this program
work with or was written for?'). So for IceCat addons xul is the toolkit, this
is correct. As far as interface is concerned they were written 'for a mozilla
browser e.g. icecat or thunderbird' so I would probably add 'mozilla-app' to
that list...

(welp, where is the libre version of thunderbird and could the gnuzilla folks
be doing it? will explore more on this later elsewhere...)

Svetlana