Re: [Directory-discuss] seeing what's changed

From: Andrew Engelbrecht
Subject: Re: [Directory-discuss] seeing what's changed
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:42:02 -0400

On 10/11/11 10:57, Joshua Gay wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> I'm not sure the best approach for fixing this problem. Maybe somebody
> on this list might have a suggestion to how we might go about improving
> this situation?
>
> Josh
>

> On 10/10/11 12:52, Karl Berry wrote:
>> Josh,
>>
>> It would extremely helpful if the Review: items somehow indicated what
>> was actually changed from the original.  Or if only the changed elements
>> got put into the Review: item.  It is quite a painful waste of time to
>> have to check a zillion fields which haven't changed.
>>
>> It also continues to be a problem that there's no way except guessing to
>> contact the person who submitted the report.  I've already guessed wrong
>> a couple times.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> karl

There is currently a method involving a simple editing of URLs that lets
you compare two pages, in our case the original program page, and the
one in the Review: space.

There's a description of how to do this at this address:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/meta/wiki/Help:Diff#URL

Until I find a plugin for this, or Josh and I write a simple hack, you
can use that method. Here is a diff of the GIMP pages:

http://directory.fsf.org/wiki?title=Review%3AGIMP&action=historysubmit&diff=11189&oldid=10765

-Andrew