dino-list

Re: [Dino-list] Failed to compile Dino 0.2.2

From: Lars Luthman
Subject: Re: [Dino-list] Failed to compile Dino 0.2.2
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 14:22:29 +0200

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 08:41 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Mestelan wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have been trying to install Dino version 0.2.2 on this Gentoo box,
> using portage.
>
> Compiling Dino sequencer fails with following error message :
> midibuffer.cpp: In member function `unsigned char*
> Dino::MIDIBuffer::reserve(double, size_t)':
> /usr/include/jack/midiport.h:112: error: too many arguments to
> function `jack_midi_data_t* jack_midi_event_reserve(void*,
> jack_nframes_t, size_t)'
>
> Dino is compiled against JACK svn (revision 1050)  which
> indeed has in /usr/include/jack/midiport.h :
> jack_midi_event_get(jack_midi_event_t *event,
>                    void              *port_buffer,
>                    jack_nframes_t     event_index);
>

> How could this conflit be solved ?
> Thanks for attention.

Sorry about the late reply.

Dino 0.2.2 is written for the latest JACK release, which is 0.103.0. The
JACK API has changed in the recent SVN versions so Dino 0.2.2 will not
work with that. If there is a new JACK release before Dino 0.4 is done I
will release a 0.2.3 version adapted to the new JACK release. Until then
the attached patch might work (I have not tested it, I am using JACK
0.103.0).

--ll