diffutils-devel

Re: [Diffutils-devel] diffutils release

From: Martin Liška
Subject: Re: [Diffutils-devel] diffutils release
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 11:33:43 +0100

On 01/31/2017 07:52 PM, Jim Meyering wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 9:49 AM, Jim Meyering <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 6:21 AM, Martin Liška <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> I've just tried to fix diffutils in openSUSE buildservice and noticed that
>>> you did quite many changes
>>> in order to have it working with GCC 7. I guess a standard release is
>>> planned in August this year, right?
>>> May I ask you how to create a release tarball from your git repository? I
>>> will maybe use current HEAD.
>>
>> This should do it, assuming you have all of the prerequisites (tested
>> by running bootstrap):
>>
>>   ./bootstrap && ./configure && make && make dist

Hello.

Works for me, I packaged the pre-release tarball and it works with GCC 7/6/7
and 4.8, which looks fine:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:marxin:branches:Base:System/diffutils

>> We are due for a release much sooner than that. When would be good for you?

Well, we're planning to have a first release of GCC 7 at the end of April. That
said, having a release
in the same time frame would be great :)

Thanks for fast reply,
Martin