dfey-nw-discuss

[Dfey-nw-discuss] PHP-NW 09 Conference in Manchester - October

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: [Dfey-nw-discuss] PHP-NW 09 Conference in Manchester - October
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 00:34:36 +0100

Hey there,

PHP-NW is one of these web conferences for people who like playing with $somesillyweblanguiageineedtolearn

It's taking place in Manchester for the second year running on the 10th of October. You can find out more here: http://conference.phpnw.org.uk

Last year I believe they got a load of fairly important people to come and talk about php stuff - they have a list of speakers etc on their site.

I just wondered what people thought of this:
"Tickets are available through eventwax and are priced at 50 GBP (+VAT) for the early bird tickets, available through July and August and into September. From September 12th and beyond, this will rise to 65 GBP (+VAT). We have a number of concession tickets available (student/OAP), priced at 35 GBP (+VAT) – contact us if you need one of these. We also have a number of places for volunteers who are prepared to help out on the day, managing rooms, and generally assisting the smooth running of these event; volunteers will receive a free pass."

Cool? Fair? unreasonable? I dunno really what people here would pay to go to a one day PHP conference... I think most people here have little or no income...

Your thoughts? (on this and the whole thing)

Tim