dfey-general-discuss

[Dfey-general-discuss] Bullying UK & Funding Cuts

From: Joe O'Dell
Subject: [Dfey-general-discuss] Bullying UK & Funding Cuts
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 23:16:07 +0100

Ok, so this isn't the normal sort of thing I would post to a list, but it's
something that I'm pretty close to, as an anti-bullying mentor, and I think
everyone should pay attention to it, for at least a minute.

Whether or not you have children yourself, it's highly likely that you've
either experienced bullying yourself, or have witnessed/experienced it.

BullyingUK is a charity that provides support for bullied children/young adults
and their families, and helps to get them back on track, such as when young
people skip school, or in more extreme cases where they contemplate suicide.

It is wholly supported by grants; however, central government has recently
declined to fund BullyingUK any longer, in light of the budget cuts made by the
new Government.

BullyingUK can no longer survive, unless it can source £50,000 worth of
donations. However, that would provide support to over 500,000 young people and
their families (it costs just 10p per person for BullyingUK to help them).

So, you may not have had direct contact with BullyingUK, but please consider
the help and support it offers to the young people of Great Britain when they
need it most - Any amount is most gratefully received

The BullyingUK website is http://bullying.co.uk , and their secure JustGiving
page is at http://www.justgiving.com/savebullyinguk/

Thank you,

Joe O'Dell