dfey-general-discuss

RE: [Dfey-general-discuss] UK ICT classes killing kids' interest in tech

From: David Weston
Subject: RE: [Dfey-general-discuss] UK ICT classes killing kids' interest in tech
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 17:54:10 +0100

Yeah, totally agree with that. The school that I attend - it calls itself a
technology orientated college - offers standard ICT (oh wow, an A-Level in
Excel spreadsheets!) and eBusiness (oh wow, a BTEC in how to use
Dreamweaver!). It doesn't offer Computing at A-Level - so I'm teaching
myself the course - most of which I know anyway, but still - and taking the
exam, all on my own!

If you couldn't grasp that, the problem is not solely on the students, but
also on those schools for not offering it in the first place.