dev-serveez

Re: [dev-serveez] OS X compatibility patches

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] OS X compatibility patches
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 22:30:04 +0100

() Julian Graham <address@hidden>
() Sat, 8 Feb 2014 15:38:48 -0500

   Okay, find them attached.

I have started to apply these patches.  (I've decided to
decouple the copyright assignment tang{o,le} from the technical
maintenance duties.  This means you will be added to AUTHORS,
etc, and the copyright assignment will need to be done later,
anyway, but at least we can get a usable release out w/o further
delay.)

For the ‘date -r’ i used the latter one (that tries first GNU
and then BSD date(1)).  You can monitor progress at:

 http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/serveez.git?h=p

Tonight i stop at 0005-int-osx-Support because i'm too tired to
convince myself that the change is correctness-preserving for
the non-OSX (i.e., original, pre-patch) execution path.  My
doubt lies in the change in ‘for (INITIAL; GATE; UPDATE)’,
specifically the UPDATE change.

I will look at it w/ fresh eyes tomorrow, but post this anyway
in hopes that you can provide a cogent analysis (or perhaps a
refutation, or a new improved patch) in the meantime.

BTW, any feedback on the patches already applied welcome, too!

If we can resolve 0005 and apply 0006 (seems straightforward
enough on quick skim) i think it's not unreasonable to release
0.2.3 in a few days, perhaps by end of week...

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502