Re: It seems the Windows overnight build is getting corrupted.

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: It seems the Windows overnight build is getting corrupted.
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 15:53:24 -0500

Richard,
I can't seem to find any problem. My only guess is that maybe they
were downloading when I retarted apache or something. I had to restart
a few times last week to install an ssl certificate for denemo.org.
This allows us to now use https. I am waiting on an issue to be
resolved and then I will enable mod rewrite which allows us to use
https instead of http by default. This way if a user types in
denemo.org it directs to https://www.denemo.org and not
http://www.denemo.org. This adds legitimacy to our site.

 I did notice while downloading for windows through the website that
the website links to 3 seperate versions of denemo for windows. The
first one is for a windows installer for denemo 2.4.4. Firefox gives
me a warning say that it has a virus. I ignored it and denemo
installed and ran fine. It was just the older 2.4.4. The were to other
zip files linked on the site for windows. One of them was a binary in
my home folder that autogenerates every night. I forced a rebuild on
that and downloaded and tested it with wine. I had no issues.
Denemo.bat was not empty. I checked the one that was linked to your
directory and it also ran fine with no issues. Denemo.bat was not
empty here either. Do you think we should have these scripts generate
a md5sum when these zip files are created? This way users can tell if
their zip file got corrupted when they downloaded it.

I have been looking at the build system that the lilypond uses and
trying to see what I need to do to have it build denemo. I have made
some progress but am having issue with the pango cairo thing. It
creates a circular dependency. cairo needs pango to build but we need
pango to compile with cairo support. So I need to figure out how to
rebuild pango in that with that build system. I think in gub they
created a new package and called it pangocairo or something. This is
all a dependency of GTK3.

Best,
Jeremiah