Re: .denemo files disappearing from Music directory.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: .denemo files disappearing from Music directory.
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 14:11:28 +0000

On Thu, 2023-03-23 at 11:00 +0100, Sandra Carral wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I write music using Denemo (in a linux box with Ubuntu mate)
> regularly.
> I save my .denemo files under /home/myaccount/Music. I've noticed
> that
> after a while all .denemo files disappear. For instance, I wrote a
> score
> in December 2022, and the same day I finished with the .denemo file,
> exported the score on a .pdf file on the same directory. Today the
> .denemo file is gone, but the .pdf file is still there. Why are the
> .denemo files disappearing, and how can I prevent them from
> disappearing
> in the future?
Denemo does not have any code in it that would allow you to delete a
score from disk once you have saved it to disk. Short of writing a
custom command in Scheme this shouldn't be possible.
So unless you have your own customised extensions to Denemo I think you
need to look at things like cron jobs doing backups that might be
responsible. I have one for example that backs up .denemo files and
some option would probably make it possible to move rather than copy
the files making them disappear from their original location. Do you
have backups? Do you have custom commands/palette buttons etc?

HTH

Dr. Richard Shann