Re: 17 & 20 November Downloads

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: 17 & 20 November Downloads
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 11:40:29 +0000

On Fri, 2021-11-26 at 08:51 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
>  On opening Denemo22Nov I get
>

>  On pressing OK with x in Graphics Editor box
>

>  On Executing Typeset I get
>

>  and then after pressing close
>
>  and then, fro a batch file with pauses before and after I get no
> response from the lilypond-windows call
>  C:\Users\joean\Desktop\DenMusic\tests>pause
>  Press any key to continue . . .
>
> C:\Users\joean\Desktop\DenMusic\tests>C:\Users\joean\Desktop\den22Nov
> \denemo\bin\lilypond-windows.exe
>
>  C:\Users\joean\Desktop\DenMusic\tests>pause
>  Press any key to continue . . .

I just wrote such a batch script and ran it under Windows 10,
unfortunately the terminal that pops up to run the batch script does
not give the terminal output of the executed program, however your
output *does* mean that windows found the file as it would have issued
an error message if it had not (I tested by mangling the filename).

So I think we have narrowed the problem down to a different behavior of
the file

denemo\bin\libglib-2.0-0.dll

This file, although compiled from the same version of the source code
seems to be triggering something novel on your machine.
Could you try replacing it in your den22Nov\denemo\bin directory with
one from an October build that works for you and test that?