Re: Keyboard shortcut to toggle between Print View and Denemo window

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Keyboard shortcut to toggle between Print View and Denemo window
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 15:59:03 +0000

On Sun, 2021-11-07 at 13:23 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Nov 2021 at 19:42, Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 2021-11-06 at 16:08 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> > > On Sat, 6 Nov 2021 at 15:56, Richard Shann <
> > > richard@rshann.plus.com>

> > well I won my battle with the printer. I've created a command in
> > Scheme
> >
> > d-SetViewVisible
> >
> > which takes one or two arguments: the name of a view window and,
> > optionally a boolean so e.g.
> >
> > (d-SetViewVisible "print")
> > makes the Print View visible while
> >
> > (d-SetViewVisible "print" #f)
> >
> > makes the Print View hidden.
> >
> > Others are "lilypond" "command" "playback" "midi-in" "scheme".
> >
> > To get these available via a keyboard shortcut requires creating
> > new
> > commands using the above syntax for each window so that the
> > shortcut
> > can be put onto the commands, I'd suggest putting them in the View
> > menu
> > but hiding them via the Command Center.
>
> Thank you, I just made a new command to show the Print View and it
> works!
> One problem, when I select 'Open Command Center on this Command', the
> Command Center opens on 'Suggest Sharp' and I'm not able to find my
> new commands in the Command Center.

That sounds strange but rather than dig into that I think that the
further work I've done on this topic may give you what you need.
I've just committed a set of "Toggles" into the View menu which
hide/show various windows/panes. I've given them all default two key
short cuts starting Esc, so Esc,p for instance shows/hides the Print
View. The reason for using Esc is that once in the Print View pressing
Esc again takes you back to the display(*).

I've bumped the version to 2.5.6 for thses new commands. Since you have
your own custom commands now Denemo will attempt to merge them on
startup (if you wish). I *think* you get both new and old commands (and
need to hide any you don't want), but if there is a problem here is an
overview of how the command system works:
        Denemo ships with a set of commands arranged as a hierarchy of
files mirroring the menu system. They are found at
../share/denemo/actions/menus/e.g.(MainMenu/ViewMenu/Toggles)

Two files .../share/denemo/actions/Default.commands and
../share/denemo/actions/Default.shortcuts hold a list of all the
commands and their shortcuts.

When you create a new command it goes into

~/.denemo-2.5.6/actions/menus/...

and ~/.denemo-2.5.6/actions/Default.commands, shortcuts hold you
customized versions of the set of commands you are using. (You can load
any command set from the Command Center).

I *think* both places are consulted when building the menus.
You can be quite cavalier about the contents of ~/.denemo-2.5.6 as any
customization work you have done will remain untouched in ~/.denemo-
2.5.5 after the upgrade so you can't actually lose anything.

HTH