Re: revision of Re: Importing other file formats

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: revision of Re: Importing other file formats
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 08:34:38 +0000

On Thu, 2021-03-18 at 16:12 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> Richard,
> I just tried exporting a few files in tuxguitar into musicxml and
> importing that into denemo. It went rather well. There were a few
> details that did not transfer over. With limited testing I found
> notehead type, note ties, and tremlondo did not transfer over. I am
> not sure if that tuxguitars fault or denemo.
It is Denemo that has stuff still to add - not difficult for me to do
that as I upgraded that code a few months ago, if you like to send some
examples.
I'm surprised you didn't hit the fact that I have not implemented the
import from MusicXML of single-staff polyphony, as guitar music is
nearly always several parts on a single staff. It's easy enough to do
by hand (Staff to Voice), and for a solo guitar piece you could just
put the cursor at the top and run

(while (d-MoveToStaffDown) (d-SetCurrentVoiceAsStaff)))

to put all the voices on the top staff.

You mention "note ties" - these are imported by Denemo - if you send an
sample MusicXML file where they are missed I can investigate (I got
quite used to deciphering MusicXML while writing the exporter a few
months ago...)

Richard