Re: A few questions

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: A few questions
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 09:51:40 +0000

Thank you so much!

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021, 09:33 Richard Shann, <richard@rshann.plus.com> wrote:
On Wed, 2021-02-10 at 08:58 +0000, silentkeystroke@googlemail.com
wrote:
> Firstly, I wanted to say a huge thank you. I started using denemo
> last week and absolutely love it. I used to use Frescobaldi but was
> so frustrated with my knowledge of some of the lilypond syntax.
> Denemo helps get that out of my way.
>
> But I do have a few questions.

First place to look is the Command Center
(View->Command Center) and put search terms in the box...

> 1) How do you set a staff to be a Rhythmic staff?
Is that to say setting the clef to the Drum clef? You can use

Command: Clef Chooser
Choose any sort of clef. If the cursor is at the start change initial
clef, else insert chosen clef.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Clefs
Internal Name: ClefChooser

I think that also sets the instrument on the staff to the percussion
MIDI channel.

> 2) How do you set custom tuning for a guitar tab/fretboard staff?

I think this is the command you need:

Command: Set Open Strings
Sets the open strings for tablature
to the notes of the current chord.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Staffs/Voices ▶ Staff Properties ▶ Tablature
Internal Name: SetTabStrings

HTH,