Re: Checking chords or other piano practice ideas?

From: Wade McReynolds
Subject: Re: Checking chords or other piano practice ideas?
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 12:48:36 -0800

Sorry for using the wrong reply.

That Staff to Voice looks nice. And I'm glad to hear that Check Note Pitches works now. I'm looking forward to using Denemo to enter music examples from old theory textbooks and play them on the keyboard. I'll have to install the newest version later today. (I've been using version 2.4, on Windows, since doing MIDI stuff on Linux usually gives me headaches.)

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 7:42 AM Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.com> wrote:
On Fri, 2021-01-22 at 15:21 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:

> > Does Denemo have something like that?
>
> No - it would be possible to write a script to do that - it would get
> tricky around triplets etc (e.g. a triplet in one part and a
> septuplet
> in another...)

OTOH you can very easily reduce a score to a single staff by using the
following command on all the staffs after the first:

Command: Staff to Voice
The current staff will be typeset as a voice on the staff above.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Staffs/Voices ▶ Voices
Internal Name: SetCurrentStaffAsVoice

Attached is an example of doing this - I assigned voices to the staffs
as well - all that could be done with a very simple script, though it
doesn't take long to do by hand anyway.

HTH