Re: no interaction print view to main window on linux

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: no interaction print view to main window on linux
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2020 16:04:30 +0100

On Sat, 2020-10-03 at 16:48 +0200, Ramon Dor wrote:
> tooltip appears on hover after waiting a few seconds. it contains
> what I would suspect is a valid link from the pdf tag with a format:
> textedit:///tmp/Denemo/..... ..... /DenemoprintB.ly:19:12:13, where
> each note gets a unique xx:xx;xx at the end.
> so this seems to work just fine. I think, however, that there is a
> lack of communication between the print view and the rest of the
> application.

yes, the Evince library is supposed to emit a signal when you click on
a link, and Denemo has a signal handler connected for it

  g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (Denemo.printarea), "external-link",
G_CALLBACK (action_for_link), NULL);

at  printview.c:2779

so breaking gdb on the function action_for_link would establish that
the signal is not being emitted (assuming line 2779 was executed!).

Richard