Re: putting it all together was scheme custom keymap

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: putting it all together was scheme custom keymap
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 08:46:04 +0100

On Thu, 2020-09-17 at 19:16 -0400, aaron mehl wrote:
> Help,
> could you look at this script and tell me what I did wrong, since
> only two shortcuts work for me.

Actually, none of those commands will do anything - the two shortcuts
that work were presumably already working before executing this script.
As in my last email I've done a global replace of < with " and > with "
to get:

(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedA" "hft+a")
(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedadown" "a")
(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedA-mid" "ctrl+ a")
(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedB" "Shft+s")
(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedbdown" "s")
(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedB-mid" "ctrl+s")
(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedC" "Shft+c")
(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedc-2" "c")
(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedcdown" "ctrl+c")
(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedD" "Shft+d")
(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedddown" "ctrl+d")
(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedE" "Shft+e")
(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedEup" "e")
(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodededown" "Ctrl+e")
(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedF" "Shft+f")
(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedfdown" "f")
(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedG" "g")
(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedgdown" "Shft+g")

this has some errors still:

(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedA" "hft+a")
;;; presumably you meant Shft+a
but there is no such name for a key, if you hold down Shift and press
"a" you get the name "A" in the keypress dialog

(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedadown" "a")
;;ok

(d-AddKeybinding "hardcodedA-mid" "ctrl+ a") ;;;should be Ctrl+a that is C not
c and no space
... others likewise.

These will work provided there exist commands with the names given - to check
this try executing the commands, e.g. type

(d-hardcodedA)

into the CLI box of the Scheme window and press Return - it should execute the
command. And so on for the other names. (That is, prefix the command name with
d- and wrap the whole thing in parens () and then execute it).

HTH

Richard