Re: Navigating Dialog boxes with keyboard (was Re: Keyboard use (was Re:

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Navigating Dialog boxes with keyboard (was Re: Keyboard use (was Re: A few questions about using Denemo on Windows))
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 14:26:00 +0100

On Fri, 2020-08-14 at 14:35 +0200, Petr Pařízek wrote:
> Richard wrote:
>
>  > So this may be what the module gail:atk-bridge is all about. I
> can't
>  > seem to find out how you get it though, other than by installing
> the
>  > complete GTK binaries for windows:
>  >
> https://www.gtk.org/docs/installations/windows/#using-gtk-from-msys2-
> packages
>
> I've read what the webpage says and there's one thing I'm not
> particularly sure about. Let me quote:
> <<<<<
> Step 1.: Download the MSYS2 installer that matches your platform and
> follow the installation instructions.
> Step 2.: Install GTK3 and its dependencies. Open a MSYS2 shell, and
> run:
> pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-gtk3
> Step 3. (recommended): Install the GTK core applications. Glade is a
> GUI
> designer for GTK. It lets you design your GUI and export it in XML
> format. You can then import your GUI from your code using the
> GtkBuilder
> API. Read the GtkBuilder section in the GTK manual for more
> information.
> To install Glade:
> pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-glade
>  >>>>>
>
> I wonder if I'm supposed to do all of these 3 things or if just
> doing
> step 1 or just doing steps 1 and 2 should be enough.

My reading is that steps 1 and 2 are needed to get the Gtk libraries.
The other steps aren't as you are not developing a program. If after
doing 1 & 2 (and setting the GTK_MODULES environment variable) the
message about not finding gail:gtk-bridge module then I would look for
something with a likely name and copy that into the Denemo package at
the same location (perhaps in .../bin or .../lib or .../share/gtk3.0/
or ...) and see if the message goes and if the behavior changes.

> It sounds to me
> like having a whole lot of new files on my hard drive and in case it
> turns out to be meaningless, I'd like to be able to uninstall and
> delete
> them easily (which means that what can't be removed automatically
> should
> at least be easy to find so that I can remove it manually).

It will be the case that the "pacman" command for installing Gtk will
be accompanied by an uninstall option. Likewise the MSYS2 installer I
would expect to have an uninstall mechanism documented. And in any
case, I would further expect that the space taken up by the libraries
would be easily regained by looking below Program Files for the stuff
installed. (I'm expecting this because these are relatively large
projects which tend to be accompanied by all the frills).