Re: Troubleshooting - Can't export midi (was Issue only happens exportin

From: José Celso Freitas Pianista
Subject: Re: Troubleshooting - Can't export midi (was Issue only happens exporting MIDI.)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 12:15:25 -0300

Thanks very much for the support!

Maybe it would be nice to add this issue on the FAQ section or a TROUBLESHOOTING section. Maybe other users are having this issue.

Another possibility is to add a tip on the error message: "Try to save on c:/midi" or something like that. Just a thought...

Em sex., 10 de jul. de 2020 às 12:53, Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.com> escreveu:
On Fri, 2020-07-10 at 09:45 -0300, José Celso Freitas Pianista wrote:
> This issue only happens when I specifically try to export MIDI from
> Denemo.
>
> I can save files normally. With Denemo or any other software.
>
> Also, I can export PDF and PNG from Denemo saving on desktop and it
> works normally.
>
> It is very specific.

Ah, in that case it will be something to do with the smf library that
is being used to create the MIDI file - difficult to imagine what, but
other files saved by Denemo just use Gtk library calls.
Thank you for help nailing down this problem - the workaround is
obvious fortunately, once you know what the problem is.

Prof. José Celso Freitas.
Tim - (81) 99548-4078
Claro - (81) 99473-8954
Oi - (81) 98406-9333