Re: Shortcuts text colour and Command Center window problems on Puppy Li

From: Lib Lists
Subject: Re: Shortcuts text colour and Command Center window problems on Puppy Linux
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 18:51:12 +0200

Hi Richard,
thanks for your message.
Answers below,

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 at 17:21, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, 2020-02-29 at 14:49 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I started using Denemo on my mac on a VirtualBoxed Puppy Linux
> > because
> > of the unavailability of an updated MacOs version. I chose Puppy
> > Linux
> > because I have some past experience with it and because runs smoothly
> > on a virtual machine. I'm using the version called Bionicpup64 8.0.
> That's very interesting to know that it is possible to get the latest
> Denemo on a Mac. What version of Denemo do you have working, and where
> did it come from?

Latest Denemo (version 2.3.2), compiled from source, downloaded from
the git repository https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/denemo.git

> > However, there are a couple of problems (see attached screenshots):
> >
> > 1) Is it possible to change the keyboard shortcuts text or the menu
> > background colours (dark grey on dark blue)? I tried changing  the
> > JWM
> > theme but it didn't work (Screenshot_1).
>
> The color of the keyboard shortcuts is hard wired, unfortunately, and I
> see from your picture that it doesn't work well with themes that use a
> dark background with light colored lettering. The menu background color
> and the color of the labels in the menus is not hard-wired by Denemo
> however, so theming should work for them. I've not explored how themes
> can be chosen under Gtk though so I can't really go beyond saying it
> should work :( Do other Gtk-based applications change appropriately on
> that virtual machine?

Hi, just tested with Abiword and the 'theme chooser' application and
everything works correctly. However, Denemo menus don't change, only
its title bar does.

> > 2) When I click 'Open Command Center on this command', the Command
> > Center window appears without title bar, and the only way to close
> > the
> > window is from the View menu (Screenshot_2).
>
> The appearance of the window without decorations is presumably some bug
> in the Gtk version you are compiled or running with... I can be pretty
> certain Denemo does not request a window without decorations for the
> Command Center.

I've used libgtk-3-dev_3.22.30

> >  However, the behaviour
> > happens only the first time and on the following times the title bar
> > appears. Unfortunately then the menu from which 'Open Command Center'
> > was invoked remains visible (Screenshot_3).
>
> I tested this (on Debian) and the menu remains visible but can be
> dismissed by clicking off the menu (e.g. clicking on the Command Center
> itself). Does that not happen with your version?

Yes, the same happens here.