Re: key map and update files

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: key map and update files
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 09:15:32 +0000

On Sun, 2020-02-16 at 20:14 -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Hi I used to use denemo many years ago I have a bunch of old denemo
> files I notated is there any way to update these files so I can open
> them on the current version of denemo?

I take it that the files don't open with the current Denemo version -
either that is a bug or you have files from before 2001, which is the
earliest version I can see the source code for. If you could send a
sample file (privately to Richard Shann <address@hidden> if it
is confidential) I would be interested to look at it to see what is
going on, I'm pretty sure it will be possible to open them in Denemo
one way or another.

> Also there used to be an option of making a keyboard shortcut map,
> and there was one I used called the speedy keyboard short cuts does
> it still exist? If so how do I implement it??

The shortcut creation system is improved enormously over the last 20
years or so - you can create a keyboard shortcut just by pressing the
desired key while hovering over the menu item. And you can also create
two-key shortcuts, and these will be saved in your personal key map.

As to the "speedy keymap" I see that this is still lurking in the
sources - indeed there is a webpage that seems to be a table of the
settings:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=denemo.git;a=blob_plain;f=docs/speedykemap.html;hb=HEAD

but the keymap file itself appears to be in some old format and does
not load. You could use that table to re-create it with the help of the
Command Center (see View->Command Center) where you can search for
commands and set keyboard shortcuts for them. But you may prefer
something more tailored to your own needs...

HTH

Richard Shann