Re: [Denemo-devel] Vertically centred common lyrics

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Vertically centred common lyrics
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 08:39:08 +0100

On Wed, 2019-10-09 at 22:36 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> What is the best way to input vertically centred common lyrics (see
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/snippets/vocal-music#voca
> l-music-vertically-centered-common-lyrics)
> in Denemo? I used the Score > Lilypond Definition feature to define
> commands dropLyrics and revertLyrics similar as in the snippet,
>
> dropLyrics = {
>   \override LyricText.extra-offset = #'(0 . -1.5)
>   \override LyricHyphen.extra-offset = #'(0 . -1.5)
>   \override LyricExtender.extra-offset = #'(0 . -1.5)
> }
> revertLyrics = {
>   \revert LyricText.extra-offset
>   \revert LyricHyphen.extra-offset
>   \revert LyricExtender.extra-offset
> }
>
> and used those commands in the lyrics pane, but I wonder whether
> there
> is a better way to do that?

That looks like a question that may get a better response from the lily
address@hidden mailing list. Unless the question is about how to
insert the syntax from that example into a Denemo score - on that I
think you have it right - you could elaborate it into a command in the
Lyrics menu that automatically creates the definitions at the head of
the file and inserts the invocations (\dropLyrics etc) in the text
(there are many examples in the Lyrics menu of inserting stuff using

d-InsertTextInVerse

but perhaps none that create a definition - one command that does that
is TrillsPlus which I see uses

d-LilyPondDefinition

which I see takes a pair (cons "name" "definition"))

 If you are asking on lilypond-user perhaps it would be good to ask if
the lines
leftbrace = \markup { \override #'(font-encoding . fetaBraces) \lookup
#"brace240" }
rightbrace = \markup { \rotate #180 \leftbrace }
in that snippet are a mistake ... they don't seem relevant.

HTH