Re: [Denemo-devel] Could not open output file for writing

From: Freeman Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Could not open output file for writing
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 06:34:46 -0400

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 4:28 AM Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 2019-08-21 at 23:01 -0400, Freeman Gilmore wrote:
> I get this "Could not open output file for writing" when I enter a
> note.   Windows 10  Denemo v,2.2.   I reloaded the program using the
> installer.

To get back to a pristine state you would also need to delete (or
rename completely) the folder .denemo-2.2.0 which holds your
preferences. Though I don't think there is anything in it that could
cause this.

> Any one have an idea to fix this?

I'm guessing you have Continuous typesetting set (in the Print View),
and this message is saying that the Temporary directory is not
writeable/full or has permission only for administrator or perhaps the
temporary file is being used by another program (try re-boot in case
some zombie instance of Denemo is still running and hogging the file).

HTH

Richard
More information,.   Denemo worked before. i removed it.  i tried to load Release 2.3 is imminent – please test!. put i did not get it to work.    i tried to load  2.2.n compressed file could not get it to work i removed it.    When i load  2.2.n compressed file  or   2.2 Win32 Installer. When i run Denemo  I get this:

Intel Optaue (tm) Memory Pinning Unable to load DLL
'iaStarAfsServiceApi.dll': The Specfied
Podule could not be found
(Exception from HRESULT 0x8007007
Windows Explorer

This may have been removed along with the removal of the programs.

What I need is help restoring the DLL if neaded?   And I would like to run v. 2.3 but I need help setting this up?

Thank you for help with this,
ƒg