Re: [Denemo-devel] Partial solution found Re: Spaces between rows of pri

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Partial solution found Re: Spaces between rows of printed score
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 09:45:41 +0100

On Wed, 2019-07-24 at 14:05 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> If
> this is the sort of effect you need then you would want a command to
> set this conveniently. I can do this but I would like to be sure that
> this was what you wanted - generally the LilyPond defaults are best
> so
> I'm wondering if there is really something else that you need to be
> doing (e.g. inserting line breaks ...)
It so happened that someone asked a similar question to yours on the li
address@hidden and I joined in the conversation and got myself
educated in this area. So I've written a interface for Denemo that
allows the user to specify the various parameters that affect the
spacing between staves both within braces and between braces and staffs
and staffs and staffs. There is more stuff possible (spacing between
musical staffs and things like fret-diagrams, for example) for which
you would still need to insert variations on the LilyPond syntax that
the new command generates, but this will give a good starting point.
This is now in the repository and has been built overnight.