[Denemo-devel] Creating LilyPond MIDI output (was Re: A possible scheme

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Creating LilyPond MIDI output (was Re: A possible scheme script)
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 12:17:08 +0000

On Sat, 2019-02-02 at 20:17 -0800, rain wrote:
> One thing I am curious about: Is it possible to insert a lilypond
> code snippet " \midi {} " between the two last entries in full
> lilypond view? I.e., so it looks like:
>    >>
>    \midi {}
>        } %End of Movement

Yes,

(d-DirectivePut-movementcontrol-postfix "MIDI" "\\midi {}")
(d-DirectivePut-movementcontrol-override "MIDI"  DENEMO_OVERRIDE_AFFIX)
(d-SetSaved #f)

will do that. I think the resultant LilyPond generated MIDI file will
be written to a temp directory, which on Windows is somewhere under
AppData in your home directory (IIRC). It may be better to get the
Playback View open and typeset there (which creates LilyPond-generated
MIDI) and the use Export->MIDI to get it to a file.