Re: [Denemo-devel] 29March version; keyboard "errors"

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] 29March version; keyboard "errors"
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 10:32:56 +0100

On Thu, 2018-04-19 at 06:45 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> Here is my script for building the appimage. In the comments you can
> see my attempt at adding dependencies if anyone wants to continue
> that work.

Well, it's been a long time - I set to work on it but got diverted -
but at last here attached is my version of your script.
It builds on Debian stable with all the needed dependencies) an
AppImage for GNU/Linux which tests ok on a live distro USB stick (so,
only standard minimal Denemo installation).
I can't upload the binary right now because my broadband is down to
300Kb! The tricky bit was patching Evince so it finds the two backend
files it needs to display PDF.

I did have to patch Denemo to take an environment variable so it could
find the data directory. (This is in git now, you have to setenv
DENEMO_DATA_DIR to trigger it). I can't imagine why that is needed, as
we have binreloc enabled ...

The script is somewhat sensitive to the build environment - the current
Debian stable has ../evince/4/backends while earlier this was
different.

Once I can upload (or if you can build) the AppImage then we will have
something promising that people can try on CentOS etc.

I did also get the Windows mxe build going I think, but I haven't got
back to that yet. Right now I want to implement a feature to enable me
to switch the Denemo Display and the Denemo Source windows between
monitors (or to toggle which is in front if you only have one monitor)
as when I'm transcribing I want the original Source manuscript directly
in front of me and when I need to edit I need the Denemo Display window
on the main monitor. This way, I'll avoid getting a stiff neck :)

Richard