Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: microtonal accidentals

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: microtonal accidentals
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 09:00:53 +0100

On Mon, 2018-04-09 at 16:35 -0400, Freeman Gilmore wrote:
> > Denemo writes out a file and then starts the LilyPond program
> > passing
> > it the filename, LilyPond then generates a PDF file which Denemo
> > then
> > displays.
>
> Is a file the string  past for each note?   I ask because the PDF
> is updated each time the string is past.

The whole of the LilyPond syntax is re-calculated and LilyPond re-run
every time you modify the score (and the whole of the display is
recalculated every time you modify the score or even just move the
cursor). This can be too much work when you have long scores, so you
can modify this behavior as needed.