Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: Re: Today's download: Tues 13 Feb appears to be

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: Re: Today's download: Tues 13 Feb appears to be broken
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 12:05:32 +0000

On Wed, 2018-03-14 at 18:17 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> It suggests getting the hicolor theme from https://icon-theme.freedes
> kt
> op.org/releases/hicolor-icon-theme-0.17.tar.xz
>  - that is a unix package ...
>

> I believe I have done that. I will look into it. I think it is just
> not finding it.

I looked inside your package and indeed the hicolor theme is present,
it's just not finding it. I tried moving the /bin /lib /share /etc
directories into a /usr directory so as to reproduce the same hierarchy
as the old gub builds, but it still doesn't find it.
There is some calls:
gtk_icon_theme_get_default ()
gtk_icon_theme_get_search_path ()
which we could make inside Denemo to find out what search path Gtk has
- it looks like this is difficult to use from inside gdb however since
you have to pass in pointers to allocated memory to get the results, so
I think it would have to be inserted into the source code.