Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: Repeat measures

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: Repeat measures
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 12:02:36 +0000

I did a search in the Command Ceneter for Repeat and after a dozen or so
other commands (I was determined to look carefully) I came across this
command:

Command: Insert Percent Style Repeat
Creates a repeat from the selection, typeset in \"percent\" style.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Notes/Rests ▶ Note Insertion
Internal Name: PercentRepeat

more comments below:

On Wed, 2017-12-06 at 10:54 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Perhaps I forgot to send it directly to you as well.

Your email doesn't appear to have reached the list - you can check if an
email has arrived by looking at the archive:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/denemo-devel/2017-11/index.html

which you can get to via the website (under "Community")
As a matter of interest, could you re-send your original email to the
mailing list (again) and see if it arrives this time?

> Attached was the end result of the repeat process; I reduced it to 2
> pages which was fine (fits on music stand).
>
> I'm not now sure if it would be better to condense the repeats - it
> may be easier to count them if the individual bars are shown (though
> it might be good to reduce the space either side of the repeat symbol
> to save space).
>
> Lily pond can put a bar count above each bar

This is also available, but rather hidden. If you open up the start
percent repeat object using the Object Editor (or use Edit->Advanced
Edit with the cursor on the start percent repeat directive)
you will see it starts with
\set countPercentRepeats = ##f

which you can change to ##t and then the count appears.

Needs a bug report to make this easier to do....

Richard