Re: [Denemo-devel] Custom Barlines

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Custom Barlines
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 19:49:10 +0100

On Fri, 2017-09-22 at 16:56 +0000, NagyMusic wrote:
> :: Per your suggestion, I tried inserting a different symbol in step 2
> (appearance when the barline is at the beginning) when creating a
> custom-barline, but that created an error message informing me that
> Lilypond can't typeset the music.

you have to insert a character that LilyPond will accept as describing a
barline type. If you look in the LilyPond view (and typeset it by right
clicking there) you will see the LilyPond syntax you have inserted and
LilyPond's error message. I believe the character you want (to not have
a barline printed) is no character (i.e. "" in the LilyPond syntax).
You can post your LilyPond output giving the error if it is still not
clear.