Re: [Denemo-devel] MXE denemo build

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] MXE denemo build
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 14:41:26 +0100

On Wed, 2017-09-06 at 10:25 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> It is all in my public_html directory. I think you can recusevely wget
> the usr/ directory.
ok, thanks - I think I'll leave trying this until I've upgraded to the
new Debian stable. I see that the new Debian stable has dropped LilyPond
(and Denemo I think) because of Guile 1.8 (even though Denemo will work
with Guile 2.x), but I don't think that'll prove a problem, just a bit
more to do. (I'm not getting much done at the moment, unfortunately).
>  I am going to try to automate the building of snapshots. Maybe I can
> automate just the denemo snapshot after every git update? Would that
> be more useful?
Well, by itself the trade-off for doing this is only positive if your
server is going to be doing something else useful overnight. What
*would* be (somewhat) useful would be to build from git with the
configure.ac modified in the way Johan Vromans is doing, so that the
version number has the git revision signature appended:

git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/denemo.git .
 mv configure.ac configure.ac~
rev-parse --short HEAD`], \\3;" \ <
 configure.ac~ > configure.ac ./autogen.sh

That way we wouldn't need to bump the development version ...

Richard