Re: [Denemo-devel] Two issues: Files and Repeats

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Two issues: Files and Repeats
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 08:10:09 +0100

On Thu, 2017-05-11 at 22:38 +0100, angelaandjoe.wilkinson wrote:
> Files.
>

> I have just edited four denemo files and saved the new version (which
> replaces the old - reopening it gives me an updated file) But the date
> on the file is unchanged. The pdf produced for a printout is also
> saved (this time explicitly) over the old version, and gets the
> current date and time. I would prefer if the denemo file displayed its
> date-of-update, not its date-of-creation. Any ideas?

My guess is that your Windows 10 system can display either creation or
modification times (or both) and you are looking at creation time -
there is definitely no special code inside Denemo fiddling about with
the time stamps.

> Repeats/First &Second time bars.
>

> I think the Measures -> Repeats -> Help Information could be improved
> (there is plenty of space) from:
>

> "Repeats are usually inserted using commands to insert repeat barlines
> and to insert first/second/nth time bar markings from the Directives
> menu - look these up in the Command Center. This menu is just for
> those that want the normal LilyPond syntax for repeats - use
> right-click->More Commands to un-hide these."
> by pointing people specifically at
> Directives > Inserting Barlines (for repeat markings) and
> Directives -> Markings Alternative Bars (for first, second and Nth
> time bars)
> rather than sending users via the Command centre.
The problem with doing that is it has to be updated as commands are
moved around (e.g. as menus become too large to fit on screens and are
broken up into submenus), and of course that gets forgotten. The Command
Center is the reliable way to locate commands.

> Something like:
> Repeats are usually inserted using Directive commands to insert repeat
> barlines and to insert first/second/nth time bar markings from the
> Directives menu, i.e.
> Directives > Inserting Barlines (for repeat markings) and  Directives
> -> Markings Alternative Bars (for first, second and Nth time bars).
> For more help look these up in View -> Command Center.
>

> This menu item is just for those that want the normal LilyPond syntax
> for repeats - use right-click->More Commands to un-hide these.
>
> What Right-click actually does is prompt the user to insert individual
> commands (I presume). It doesn't unhide any commands (in Windows 10,
> at least)

Right-clicking on the command Measures -> Repeats -> Help
gives a menu with one option "More Commands" which un-hides some more
commands and also gives you access to the Command Center where there is
a column of tick boxes labelled "Hidden" to un-tick if you want those
commands.

HTH