Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows binary not built last night

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows binary not built last night
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 14:47:32 +0100

On Thu, 2017-04-27 at 14:44 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> I tried it this morning, and it seemed to work (without the lines
> between the white keys, as below). I am not very used to using the
> Insert-Rhythm-Then-Pitch technique but I didn't have any real problems.
>
> One issue I do have problems with is the insertion of spacers. The
> manual tells me I need to reclaim the Windows key (which I have never
> found a use for!) But I can't find any documentation on this.
I just did a search for "windows menu key remap"

and came up with this:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/map-any-key-to-any-key-on-windows-xp-vista/

>  Is this
> option primarily for Linux users? And do I have to use a 2 key shortcut
> e.g R,0, R,1, R,2.

Go to the Command Center, click on "Set One Key Shortcut" and test out
what one-key options you may have (e.g. does AltGr give you a different
modifier, or does the right hand control key?)
But, yes, if you've run out of modifier keys (hmm, what about
Shift-Alt-0,1,2... you have quite a few combinations available) then you
would need a two-key shortcut system.

>  I really only need those since my primary use for
> Spacers is in Chord Staves when I need a chord change part-way through a
> bar - rest giving me a N.C.
>
> Incidentally the documentation

??? is that the index of the manual, the Command Center search, or what?

>  has no reference to Spacers and 80
> References to Rests which makes finding details of non-printing rests
> difficult.

bug report?