Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem with Score Title and question about automatic

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem with Score Title and question about automatic movement numeration
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 09:15:12 +0000

On Sat, 2017-02-25 at 02:26 +0100, Haris Brković wrote:
> I made it with my automatic numeration.
> (d-InstrumentName  (string-append "\n\"  " (number->string (d-GetMovement))
> "\"\n" ))
> (while (d-NextMovement)
>       (d-InstrumentName
>               (string-append "\n\"" (number->string (d-GetMovement)) "\"\n")))
> If I have for example 13 movements, I click on 1st and Denemo numerate
> everything. Even if I swap for example 7th and 8th then typesetter shows:
> 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,7...
> I click on 1st and numerate then everything is nicely numerated. This is what
> I wanted. In the first line you can see I made space as workaround to first
> movement indent cause its is allways different then others movements.

The reason it is different is because in the file as you originally sent
it you have the indent for the whole score set and then on the first
movement (only) you have the indent for the movement set.
So the first movement uses the value for the movement-indent, the rest
used the score-indent. Since they are both set to 0 it looks ok.
When you run (d-InstrumentName ...) the script tries to guess how much
indent you may need and sets the score-indent to that value. But because
you have the movement-indent set on the first movement, that one does
not change.

For your purposes you do not want this guessing of the indent, so you
should delete the movement-indent(*) from movement 1 and use

(d-InstrumentName (number->string (d-GetMovement)))
 (while (d-NextMovement)
        (d-InstrumentName (number->string (d-GetMovement))))
(d-ScoreIndent 0)
(d-SetSaved #f)

If the value 0 looks a bit cramped (it is eating into the margin I
think) then you can use say (d-ScoreIndent 5) or even more if you have
more than a hundred movements giving three digits at the start.
Note I added (d-SetSaved #f) which tells Denemo you have changed the
score (so, it is false that it is saved).

This script can be improved by avoiding repeating the code setting the
instrument name, and you can put

(while (d-PreviousMovement))

which will move to the first movement, avoiding the danger that one day
you run your command with the cursor in the 10th movement, and don't
notice that the earlier movements haven't been renumbered.

Richard
(*) To delete the movement indent you have to use the Movement
Properties Editor, find the Indent directive and click Delete. This a
bug really, when you run the movement indent command it should give the
option of deleting the movement indent - at the moment you can only set
it to some value.