[Denemo-devel] tick on Scheme Script on View Menu / The editing process

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: [Denemo-devel] tick on Scheme Script on View Menu / The editing process
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 17:27:24 +0000

Hi Richard,
I'm not sure if you prefer such as these to go to the bug-tracker or just to the mailing list.
Joe

1
When Denemo is started, View shows Scheme Script unticked
If it is selected A Scheme Script window opens, and View shows Scheme Script ticked
If the Scheme Script of, say, a button is input into the Scheme Script window the text appears in the Scheme Script Window.

Closing the Window with X seems to update the Script associated with the button.
At the same time the View menu shows the Scheme Script window still ticked.
Opening the Scheme Script from the View menu again opens the Scheme Script window BUT unticks the Scheme Script item in the View menu.
Repeating the last action reverses both situations.
So the menus says it is open when the window is closed and vice-versa.

2
As a newbie I would have assumed that Opening the Scheme Script window would give me a blank window.
I could then type/copy-paste stuff in and save it as a button.
Or I could Record commands into the Editor., and then save them.

If I right-click on a button and activate
Get Script into Scheme Window I would expect the window to only contain the Script I had asked for, not all the previous script.
Append Script to Scheme Window could add it to the existing.

>> Just seen "Save Script from Scheme Window"; I think it would be better as Update button from Scheme Window.

If the Script is edited there is no Save current script option.
Closing the Scheme Script Window seems to work, but there is no warning about over-writing good code with bad. Sure I could create a new button for testing purposes but.......