Re: [Denemo-devel] Gregorian Chant in Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Gregorian Chant in Denemo
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 11:24:52 +0000

On Sun, 2016-12-18 at 11:21 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> After searching the command centre for some keywords, I have the
> impression that Denemo does not offer support for Gregorian Chant yet.
Yes, I think that's right. It has been mentioned before, but before
doing it I would like to be sure that LilyPond has the capabilities to
do what you need. Many years ago it was reported back to me that
LilyPond only had an outline of the needed stuff - unless LilyPond can
actually generate what you want we would be wasting time.
> had a look how one could implement some basic features from the Lilypond
> documentation
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/typesetting-gregorian-chant
> like Vaticana staff and voice contexts, but my knowledge about Denemo
> internals and about scheme is far too limited. Can you please help?

so can you use that documentation to create a LilyPond file that
typesets a (short but with all the features) piece as you would want it?
Hopefully, it should be easy for me to create input routines to generate
what you want.