[Denemo-devel] Gtk Deprecations

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Gtk Deprecations
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 16:45:00 +0000

I've just updated http://www.denemo.org/roadmap/#Release_21 with the
work I have in progress to avoid Gtk deprecations (they make it
difficult to see real errors in the code, and my attempts to turn the
warnings off have been in vain).
A benefit of this will be that we stand a chance of surviving the
arrival of Gtk4

The main problem is that they have scrapped the GtkUiManager. This is
the second time we have been caught out like this, they scrapped the
GtkItemFactory before that. This time I will avoid their latest offering
(GtkBuilder) and simply create the menu system using basic widgets.

The threading primitives have changed too, which may be a blessing in
disguise as there are bugs at present...