Re: [Denemo-devel] accidentals not printing in Denemo Print View

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] accidentals not printing in Denemo Print View
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 08:57:47 +0000

On Thu, 2016-12-01 at 00:52 -0800, Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> aha, this makes sense as I have to recreate the accidental on a tie, then
> 'hide' it, or it will show again...
>
> I'm creating a timpani part that plays an ostinato figure on B-flat. I've
> created the B-flat in the Denemo editor at the beginning of every
> measure, yet it doesn't show in Denemo Print View.

Attached is a note tied across measures. The Print View is using the
default LilyPond style which does not repeat the accidental until a new
system starts. The Denemo Display repeats it at every bar. Is that what
you see/mean?

> But that's not the only problem, there are many times that an accidental
> just doesn't appear in Print View. And I don't see any consistent reason
> for this.

I've not studied the code generating the display accidentals in any
detail, but, as I say it has been noticed before that these rules don't
correspond to the LilyPond default rules.
If you create a small example of it doing something you don't expect I
can add that to the bug report.

> What is the command to force it to print?

typing the word "force" into the Command Center search box gives

Command: Cautionary Accidental
Forces the accidental on the note to be printed.
Location: ObjectMenu->NotesRests->EditNote
Internal Name: CautionaryAccidental