Re: [Denemo-devel] git snapshot compiled against macports

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] git snapshot compiled against macports
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 14:01:01 +0000

On Mon, 2016-11-28 at 21:04 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I am now seeing the fonts in the palettes in the gtk3 version for
> darwin! I natively compiled it against the macport built dependencies.
>

> There were some warnings at startup:
>
> /proc/self/exe: No such file or directory

On my Debian system /proc/self/exe is a link to the "current
process" (i.e. the process accessing that file name).

For example:

ls -l /proc/self/exe
lrwxrwxrwx 1 rshann rshann 0 Nov 29 13:52 /proc/self/exe -> /bin/ls

Presumably something we are linking to uses it, I think you might need
ptrace to find out what.

> (denemo:54476): Gdk-WARNING **: GdkQuartzDisplay does not implement
> the monitor vfuncs

this is Gdk's backend for the Mac that is complaining I guess.

> Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is
> discouraged.

I see this quite a bit (e.g. in the package manager synaptic that ships
with Debian). Presumably harmless.

> I don't have rubberband or jack support yet.
>

> Now I need to learn how to distribute this. This may fix the Mac
> Sierra thing. We will see.

Sounds promising.