Re: [Denemo-devel] A problem with ja.po for the Denemo project

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A problem with ja.po for the Denemo project
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2016 13:37:15 +0100

Hello Richard,

On 2016-11-06 13:39, Richard Shann wrote:
> This problem  "#~| msgid "re-surfaced with the latest ja.po file.
> It appeared on just one line and that broke the overnight build for a
> couple of days while we figured out what it was.
> I deleted the line and the overnight build has now succeeded.
> Is it a matter of our Japanese translator updating his software?

No.  It is a problem with the software you use to build denemo:
your msgmerge is too old, /or/ it has a bug, because it should
simply ignore /any/ line that starts with #.  Yes, some lines
that start with # are special to gettext, but if an unexpectedly
formatted comment line breaks your build, this is a bug that you
should report to bug-gettext.

Regards,

Benno