Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo/Lilypond beaming question

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo/Lilypond beaming question
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2016 18:21:23 +0100

On Wed, 2016-10-05 at 12:27 -0400, Ellen Cooper wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'm trying to typeset something as near to Petrucci as possible.  I'm
> importing MusicXML 4-part work originally done in modern notation
> (MuseScore).  I can change noteheads for the entire score easily, add
> custos great.  But, I need to take off beams.  Is there a way to do
> this for the entire score in one go?

yes (Cadenza Time does it, but it will be better not to go that
extreme).

>  I see "Movement Rules" and "Score-wide Rules" in the Beaming palette,
> but those don't give me that option.

That is one way, you would specify that the beats so that nothing gets
beamed you would need to set a beaming rule for each potentially beamed
duration that you have (how many varieties of beamed notes do you have?)
But really the best will be to look up the LilyPond syntax for turning
off auto-beaming - I'll do that if you don't turn it up yourself.

> Also, I don't suppose there is a way to change rests from modern to
> early notation?

I think LilyPond does support them, again some LilyPond insert will be
needed....

Richard