Re: [Denemo-devel] inserting (or changing) barlines

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] inserting (or changing) barlines
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 21:48:28 +0100

On Mon, 2016-10-03 at 12:01 -0700, Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> I see a potential problem here, which is causing my woes regarding
> barlines: Cadenza Time alters the ability to add a double barline.
>
> The particular piece I'm engraving has a number of double bar lines. As I
> scroll through (using the keyboard's left and right arrows), I notice that in
> 'normal' time, the end of the measure displays a RED square at the
> cursor point. This is where I simply insert a measure (Directives-
> >Inserting Barlines->Double Bar). In Cadenza Time, the cursor displays a
> BLUE square at the 'end' of the measure. Inserting a double bar here
> does not display the double bar line.

This is because the Cadenza Off object has a single barline as part of
its syntax. If you double click on the Cadenza Off object (the large T)
you will see

The LilyPond syntax generated is: " \cadenzaOff \bar "|" \once \override
Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f  \time 4/4 "

it is the \bar "|" that is being typeset, because your \bar "||" is
before it, and LilyPond only uses the last of multiple \bar commands at
the same musical moment.

If you move the double barline object *after* the End Cadenza object
then it will take priority.

Richard