Re: [Denemo-devel] chords

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] chords
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2016 13:05:03 +0100

On Fri, 2016-09-02 at 12:47 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> There is an (old) script that does create chords (ChordsOverBass), I
> hesitate to mention it because it is probably written in a very poor
> style :(

Actually, I've just taken a quick look at it and it is not badly
written, but it is doing something *much* more complex - it detects that
you have played the note at the cursor, then takes more notes
interspersed with pedal presses and groups those into chords and then
switches to the staff above and inserts the chords devising durations so
that they make up the duration of the original bass note (*and* even
more stuff - creating tied chords across bass notes ...)

It is very daunting to look at. What you would need is much simpler ...