Re: [Denemo-devel] Emailing: RehearsalMark_I_Missing.denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Emailing: RehearsalMark_I_Missing.denemo
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2016 09:45:19 +0100

On Thu, 2016-08-04 at 07:07 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> In the attached file there are 10 bars and 10 rehearsal marks.
>
> Numbered A B C D E F G H  J & K. There is no I

Once more, LilyPond knows a bit more about music typesetting than the
average musician, there is never a rehearsal mark I (except perhaps in
computer-generated scores by $600 programs), I guess because it looks
too much like the number 1. Car number plates do similar things.

You could insert one (Shift-F9 runs Add Mark (Text/Rehearsal/Book) to do
that), but it would be a Bad Idea, as it could cause a little
confusion :)

I imagine there might be some LilyPond syntax to override it too - did
you know that after Z you get AA? The nice thing about letting LilyPond
take the strain is you don't have to be an expert...

Richard