Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo and Ubuntu

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo and Ubuntu
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 09:38:49 +0100

On Sat, 2016-05-28 at 10:27 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Am 28.05.2016 um 10:16 schrieb Richard Shann:
> > On Sat, 2016-05-28 at 08:53 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> >> That means that my packages are not compatible with your Ubuntu version
> >> due to the different librubberband package.
> >
> > Hmm, librubberband is only needed for a quite esoteric feature of Denemo
> > (slowing down the audio output, used especially when transcribing from
> > audio), I wonder is there a way of suggesting that distributions turn
> > off some features by default, leaving them to enthusiasts...
>
> I can build my packages without librubbberband (i.e. with
> --disable-rubberband).

At the moment do you build the default? We could default to it off.
Aubio is the other package that has only a specialized use (IIRC, being
for input via a microphone). I haven't heard much about JACK recently -
is that on or off by default, and are people using it with Denemo?

I'll be away for a bit now but will catch up when I get back...