Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo Add-On Idea

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo Add-On Idea
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 11:19:51 +0100

On Sat, 2016-05-14 at 21:24 -0400, Kouger International wrote:
> I have always been wondering if there was a feature of having a drum
> roll, whether it be cymbals, snare drum, or bass drum. It would be a
> really cool feature and I would appreciate it! Thanks!

These are already available under the name tremolo (I'm assuming you are
talking about music notation here, which is Denemo's main purpose)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drum_roll

In most recent music, all three types of rolls are notated as tremolos,
with slashes through the note stem:

    One slash indicates dividing the note in two.

For example: A sixteenth note with a single slash on it indicates two
thirty second notes.

    Two slashes indicates dividing the note in two, and two again.

For example: A sixteenth note with a double slash on it indicates two
thirty second notes with one slash on each one, and that indicates four
sixty fourth notes.

    Three slashes indicates dividing the note in two, in two again, and
in two a third time.

For example: A sixteenth note with a triple slash on it indicates two
thirty second notes with two slashes on each one, and that indicates
four sixty fourth notes with a diddle on each note, and that indicates
eight 128th notes.

Richard