Re: [Denemo-devel] producing scores of chants

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] producing scores of chants
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 15:27:15 +0100

On Sat, 2016-04-16 at 11:44 -0500, T. R. Valentine wrote:
> 1. I want to create notes without stems, both a breve and a 'breve
> with a filled-in head' and be able to put a string of words (verse) on
> a single note

I looked up the LilyPond notation for this:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/snippets/rhythms

under the heading Chant or psalms notation it gives

stemOff = \hide Staff.Stem
stemOn  = \undo \stemOff

\score {
  \new Staff \with { \remove "Time_signature_engraver" }
  {
    \key g \minor
    \cadenzaOn
    \stemOff a'\breve bes'4 g'4
    \stemOn a'2 \bar "||"
    \stemOff a'\breve g'4 a'4
    \stemOn f'2 \bar "||"
    \stemOff a'\breve^\markup { \italic flexe }
    \stemOn g'2 \bar "||"
  }
}

So I've added commands in Directives->Typesetter to do this. It will be built
overnight and available at

http://denemo.org/~jjbenham/gub/uploads/denemo-0.0.0-0.linux-x86.tar.xz

from tomorrow.