Re: [Denemo-devel] producing scores of chants

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] producing scores of chants
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 09:29:37 +0100

On Sat, 2016-04-16 at 17:54 -0500, T. R. Valentine wrote:
> If I clean everything out and launch the 'A binary package is
> available that does not require root permissions to run' from the
> Downloads page, I can get something to launch (v 2.0.6), but it
> doesn't save any settings, the playback doesn't produce sound, and I
> have to run the shell each time.

This sounds promising. The "settings" that is your Denemo preferences
(and Denemo custom anythings) are contained in a directory
~/.denemo-2.0.6/

So firstly delete this directory rm -r ~/.denemo-2.0.6
then launch this version of Denemo, by executing the shell script
Launch_Denemo.sh
I just did these steps (starting from the download on the website).

I got a slew of fluidsynth queue full messages and no sound. I realized
I already had a version of Denemo running (Denemo hogs the audio output)
and so I quit both running Denemo programs and re-executed
Launch_Denemo.sh and there were no queue full messages and I had sound.

Let's see if you get this far (perhaps some zombie Denemo process was
hindering you before - try a clean reboot?) before stepping through
diagnosing if you have other problems.