Re: [Denemo-devel] blank pages and whole measure rests with a fermata

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] blank pages and whole measure rests with a fermata
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 10:15:11 +0000

On Fri, 2016-03-11 at 20:20 -0500, Ellen Schwindt wrote:
> Hello Richard and other denemo friends,

>     I wonder if it's possible to insert a blank page into a layout. I
> would like the ability to start on a left-hand page instead of on a
> right-hand page, for instance.

There is a command to do this buried in the Score Layout window, but it
requires a custom layout, so there should be one in the menus.
Meanwhile, go to Score->LilyPond Score Header and paste in this

\pageBreak \markup "" \pageBreak

Which is two page breaks with a blank bit of text between (you can put
\markup \italic "This page is intentionally left blank" if you like to
indicate that it's not an error). Leave a space at the end, in case it
butts up against something else.

I haven't studied in detail to find out if this is the best syntax, but
it works.

>     Also, I seem not to be able place a fermata over a whole-measure
> rest. Is there a way to do this?

I just tested the usual fermata command from
Notes/Rests->Markings->Articulations (with the cursor on the rest,
Shift-a, f invokes it) and it works fine ...

Did the last things you asked about work out ok? People listening-in
like to know which are valid solutions to your questions...

Richard