[Denemo-devel] [bug #47327] Continue previous work of keysig dialog mode

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #47327] Continue previous work of keysig dialog modes
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2016 09:08:00 +0000

Update of bug #47327 (project denemo):

Follow-up Comment #1:

I would like to be sure I understand what it is you would like to benefit
from. You write "modes for key signature selection". This would literally
imply that what you would like is that in order to get a key signature with no
sharps or flats you would like to be able select from a dialog that listed
"dorian" rather than C major or A minor.

More likely, you are a user that works with the LilyPond output as text, in
which case having the LilyPond output text read

\key c \major

when it means

\key c \dorian

would be unpleasant.

I have long noticed that commented out declaration, with its curious typo for
locrian and wondered where the code was headed at the time; instead of
hard-wiring stuff like this in C, I introduced the use of Scheme as an
extension language. It would be quite easy in Scheme to offer a selection of
modes and output the correct LilyPond syntax and show the correct accidentals
in the Denemo Display.
There is not a lot of documentation on this (some in the manual, but mostly
examples in the menus, e.g. right click on Clefs->Clef Chooser and select "Get
Script into Scheme Window" and then see how Drum Clef is implemented), but I
can always help pointing you in the right direction.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?47327>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/